Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Gravadlax for Easter 2



Here's what the salmon looks like today. I left it in the fridge overnight, under a weight. Today it has given up a fair amount of liquid. It smells cold and clean, not fishy at all. I basted the fillets with the brine and turned them over. Now they are back in the chiller under a brick. I think it's going quite well.

I have drawn a bit of a blank on the wasabi front and will have to venture further afield. In my local supermarket they sell seaweed sheets, but no wasabi. Very strange. Well no, not in Somerset actually.

3 comments:

Sam said...

Oh - I just discovered your blog and it is making me homesick!

June said...

Thank you Sam - how nice to hear from you! As the clouds sweep in, level with the the tops of the trees, I can't tell you how good it makes me feel that someone who lives in California is thinking of England!

Sam said...

ha ha - that's because it is raining so hard here that for the last month I can't help but think of England ;)

(its not ususally like this, btw, its a freak circumstance)

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.